A vacancy exists at Quince Capital situated in Woodmead, for an Administrator Manager reporting to the Operations Director.
Purpose of the function:
The Admin Manager is responsible for the overall management and control of the administration and collection function. This includes developing and improving operational goals, optimising collections, managing delinquent accounts, evaluating the quality and risk of past due accounts and ensuring that the required business administration function is executed. Assessment of credit practices and policies and procedures recommendations is pivotal to this role.
Furthermore, the Admin Manager is to grow and develop the departmental staff by creating a continuous learning environment that fosters success while also being accountable for ensuring that all departmental goals and objectives are met.
- Relevant degree with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in customer administration and collections.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritise.
- Experience in managing a diverse team.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- A detailed orientated person with good organisation skills.
- Strong decision maker with the ability to execute timeously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A working knowledge of the AS400 system will be advantageous.
- Define and maintain the administration and collection policies.
- Oversee customer account administration, including opening and closing of accounts, billing structures, As400 setup, master file change authorisation, account governance etc.
- Assist with mid-month and month-end customer pay-outs (checking and releasing of payments).
- Regularly review and maintain official documents and contracts, e.g. discounting agreements, rental agreements, loan agreements and surety documents.
- Maintain and update official company stationary (letterheads, pay-out letters, quotations, invoices, statements etc.), contracts and agreements.
- Assist with internal and external audits as required
- Own the policies and procedure quality management (“ISO”) system
- Manage the debtors billing, collections, receipt allocation and account reconciliation processes
- Review and approved debit notes, credit notes and settlements as per the delegated authority
- Manage, authorise and implement rate changes as required
- Define the warrantee and recourse claims process and manage and approve accordingly
- Maintain an appropriate debtors ageing monitoring process, and procedures to optimise collections
- Negotiate and/or approve payment arrangements and regularly review appropriateness
- Resolve overdue accounts in the most appropriate manner
- Prepare relevant and timely reports to optimally manage the admin and debtors functions
- Understand, budget and monitor the operating expenses related to the admin department
- Review current process and procedure and continuously innovate and look for opportunities to improve efficiency within the current processes and control framework
- Perform ad-hoc tasks or project work as required by the Operations Director
- Manage the Quality Systems Improvement’s (QSI) process within the company
- Analyse and interpret Management Information trends and pro-actively act on these results.
Risk management and controls
- Plan, manage and review the “Franchise Review” process and deliver timeous reports.
- Complete the franchise exposure assessment and analyse the credit risk in the franchise base (loss curve analysis).
- Ensure that the team understands the control requirements related to physical and systems access control and information security requirements.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for the area are understood by the members of the team.
- Complete department risk assessment (business and fraud) and control analysis at least annually.
- Develop a high performing team by; recruiting and promoting the best people in line with the business needs, supporting the enhancement and development of people, embedding formal performance development and informal coaching
- Identify talent and develop successors to retain key individuals and skill sets within Quince through mentoring.
- Ensure that proper performance and consequence management happens in the team.
- Address poor performance and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately addressed.
- Manage, motivate and lead a team of debtor’s administrators and monitor their effectiveness.
- Manage change whilst maintaining operational effectiveness.
- Ensure that each employee in the department has a performance contract and that regular performance discussions happen as per HR agreement.
- Initiate disciplinary and grievance procedures in conjunction with Human Resources as and when required.
- Demonstrate personal accountability, integrity and maintain discipline across the portfolio.
- Implement regular meetings with your team to ensure strong communication at all times.
- Perform regular training of staff as and when required.
- Ensure that customers’ (internal and external) queries are resolved quickly and professionally.
- Maintain open relations with our customers by having regular franchise visits.
- Get regular franchise and relationship manager’s feedbacks regarding the performance of the admin team.
- Ensure strong communication with other departments in the company.
Ensure participation, if requested so by franchise, in sales or management meetings.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@www.nashua.co.za. Please indicate which position you are applying for.