A vacancy exist at Nashua Kopano for an Assistant Accountant reporting to the Financial Manager.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profits and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organisation.
Assist the Financial Manager with a wide variety of accounting issues.
• Matric with relevant 3 year accounting qualification or relevant experience.
• Self-motivated, positive thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver.
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
• Person of high integrity.
• Deadline orientated.
• Analytical, with great attention to detail.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Complete month-end processing to trail balance.
• Preparation of monthly accounts.
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Assisting with the annual budget preparation and completion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Ensuring Trail Balance is accurate and completed timeously
• Ensure that all month end journals are passed in time to meet month end deadlines and are appropriately authorised by the FM/GM: Finance.
• Ensure that all major accruals and/or customer rebates are identifies and recorded in the Trail Balance.
• Ensure that the Trail Balance is completed timeously for month end.
• Ensure that the Trail Balance presented to the FM is complete and accurate in all material aspects.
• Review journals files at month end and ensure that all journals are on file and appropriately authorised.
o Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
• Reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting schedules for accounts listed on the trail balance.
• Ensure that reconciling items are cleared within the next month.
• Reconciliation to be completed prior to submission of month end results to Reunert to enable review by Financial Manager.
• Review reconciliation file after the completion of month end to ensure that all recons are on file and correctly signed off by both the user and the FM/GM: Finance.
o Update chart of accounts and Pastel reports are necessary.
• Add or delete accounts on the TB and Pastel reports when necessary.
• Ensure that all updates are authorised by the Financial Manager/ General Manager: Finance
• Ensure all new accounts are added to the conversion files in SAP.
o Assist FM to assess financial results to budgets and forecasts.
• Identify and investigate abnormal movements on accounts every month and pass corrections journals where necessary
• Bring to the attention of FM an abnormal movement, which do not get adjusted for
o Intercompany transactions.
• Prepare the intercompany transactions schedules and confirm the intercompany transactions with the respective parties
o Group Reporting, AFS, and Departmental Reporting and Profitability analysis.
• Complete monthly and annual group reporting on SAP
• Assist the FM in completion of adhoc reporting required by Reunert and Nashua LTD
• Complete the finance pack and ensure that all information is accurate and ties back to trail balance
• Prepare monthly departmental pack and discuss variance with departments
• Prepare monthly profitability analysis for all major customer accounts
• Assist the FM in the completion of the AFS
o Annual Budgets
• Assist the FM in developing the budgeting templates.
• Assist the business units in the preparing their budgets.
• Assist FM in the analysis of budget reasonableness.
• Manage the completion of the finance department’s budget.
• Assist in compiling and gathering information required for interim and year-end audits (Internal and External).
• Assist in preparing tax disclosure schedules and in the completion of Corpsmart.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the ISO policies and procedures.
• Assist /Manage projects identified.
• To perform any reasonable assignment requested by Management.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful