A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Team Product Manager Office Automation, reporting to the Head of Marketing.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Team Product Manager is responsible for effective management of the assigned product portfolio as a business unit, working closely with direct reports, the sales and service/ support teams, vendors, as well as any direct reports in his/her portfolio. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. As Senior Product Manager, you are required to build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, your contact with the sales channel and market research. Junior staff mentorship, upskilling and vendor management will be critical to this position aligning products and services to the overall business strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification. MBA would be advantageous.
• Product Marketing Experience 3+ years within the office automation industry.
• A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
• Full understanding of the marketing and commercial concepts surrounding areas such as CPP and TCO, TDV, Commercial and specialised print technologies as well as BPS and MPS.
• Track record in commercials and developing products.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills at C -Level engagements.
• Project management skills.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be a self-driven and motivated person.
• Must be a team player.
• Able to travel extensively.
• Must have proven management experience.
• Develop an understanding of the marketplace, competitive landscape and future trends. This should be captured in a format that can be shared with the rest of the organsiation as and when required
• Develop a multiyear product road map based on criteria and structure for requirements prioritisation in alignment with corporate strategy.
• Deliver on the product strategy and roadmap.
• Assist sales teams and franchises in creating a value proposition to the market.
• Implement local product strategy based on the market segmentation model.
• Prepare product forecasts.
• Assist in pricing models based on customer value (ROI) analysis.
• Identify opportunities to grow revenue and improve margin through the introduction of adjacent services, development of incremental capabilities, new product packages/bundles, improvements to service delivery and support, and supporting key sales opportunities.
• Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Conduct this research using competitor analysis tools where available, as well as own research.
• Develop product collateral for internal and customer facing usage.
• Maintain expert knowledge on the relevant product industry and trends.
• Act as a liaison both internally and externally to continuously evaluate and drive the development of new features and functionality with our vendors and within channel.
• Review, and keep up to date on new developments regarding competitor products.
• Support the product development process in line with company strategy.
• Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning.
• Develop pricing and packaging strategies and maintain context of the relevant product lines’ financial health.
• Develop and execute incentives or promotions to drive key areas of business. This requires close collaboration with sales divisions and alignment with strategic objectives of the business.
• Plan trade, road shows and product launch events in conjunction with the Head of Marketing and other Team Product Managers.
• Attend conferences and training events and provide relevant collateral for these where applicable.
• Contribute to newsletters, forums and events in conjunction with Head of Marketing, Team Product Managers and the Brand and Franchise Marketing managers.
• Build product conversation calendars for all product lines with product managers and the marketing team.
o Product Management and Support
• Manage product life cycle stages i.e. conceive, plan, develop, qualify, launch, deliver and withdraw.
• Develop bundled product offerings suited to different vertical markets.
• Launch Products as per defined ISO and marketing department procedures. If required create new procedures for new lines of business. Continuously review these processes to ensure that they follow best practice and supports the business. Ensure all processes are updated on ISO.
• Maintenance of products on the AS400, pricing updates and adjustments
• Assist in maintaining accurate virtual or actual stock levels with the admin and logistics teams
• Assist with product forecasts where applicable with logistics team
• Act as a point of first reference for all product related enquiries. Be a subject matter expert and establish working relationships with all relevant teams in the company
• Ensure all product collateral, training material is available and relevant on the CRM system
• Ensure that all relevant information for new products is timeously handed to the Marketing and Events administrator to add onto our webpage
• Where applicable build business cases for roadshows and execute roadshows with a strong focus on ROI
o Vendor Management
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships nationally and internationally
• Ensure pricing parity on products and services are maintained at all times
• Ensure pricelists are current and partner agreements are adhered to at all times
• Align vendor’s strategy with company business strategy
• Assist L&D Manager in the building of training programs that are to be carried out by vendors to sales, marketing and professional service teams
• Ensure that all vendor agreements are understood by and agreeable to the business. Legal must always have sight of these and it must be approved by the CSO
• Compile and distribute quarterly market share analysis as well as an annual analysis considering CAGR to identify key segments and models to concentrate future efforts on. This must be balanced with a ROI model
• Monitor Sales by product segment and group
• Monitor Sales vs. Budget: Monitor with view to achieve/ exceed budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Monitor average selling prices to channel and end user and build and maintain competitive analysis sheets for market pricing
• Monthly contribution on business unit performance and any events/incentives for BUR (Business Unit Report)
• Collaborate with other functions leaders (marketing communication, sales, development, and customer service) to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product
• Work closely with the sales team (internal and Channel) to develop sales tools
• Responsible for the launch of products to internal and external teams
• Develop and coach the sales consultants on the go-to-market planning and execution, including reference customers, beta programs, sales training, sales materials, and demos
• Work with the team to help develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns
• Provide the sales team with the necessary product knowledge expertise to enable them to sell the product
• Provide the sales team with printed and electronic promotional material, product training as well as relevant product documentation
• Work closely with the market-facing sales and solutions consultants to understand business goals, client and end-user needs and how they relate to the product and/or proposed software
• Work closely with Technical and Annuity teams to establish and chase a market related TCO offering and determine CPC levels
• As a mentor, your primary role is to provide guidance and support to your direct reports based on his or her unique developmental needs
• Mentor, train and equip direct reports in understanding business strategy, goals and objectives
• Provide training to direct reports on systems, process, and tools applicable to job function
• Define training roadmap and develop performance measurements of individuals. Review performance bi-annually for formal feedback to the business, but also on an ongoing basis to guide reports and correct behaviors where required
• Give advice and guidance, share ideas, and provide feedback
• Share information on “unwritten rules for success” within environment/organisation
• Act as sounding board for ideas and insights into possible opportunities
• Identify resources to help direct report/s enhance personal development and career growth
• Expand your direct reports’ network of contacts
• Serve as advocate for direct reports whenever opportunity presents itself
• Seek opportunities for increased visibility for direct reports
• Assist in strategic planning and initiatives as and when required
• Assist the Project Management Office as and when tasked to do so on specific projects and tasks
• Liaise with Human Resources; Learning and Development specialist in compiling cohesive training plans quarterly, bi- annually and annually. Assist as liaison between HR and vendors
• To perform any assignments as and when requested to do so by the Head of Marketing, or any C-level Executive.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful.