A vacancy exists at Quince Capital for a Debtors Administrator, reporting to the Admin Manager.
Responsible for collecting rentals and all other money/payments due from customers, allocating it to the correct accounts, resolving customer queries relating to the accounts, monthly statements and invoices, settlements and maintenance of AS400 contracts system for the company.
• Minimum requirement – Matric.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word).
• AS400 would be an advantage.
• Deadline oriented person, with the ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills to deal with customers/Franchises and other departments.
• High level of accuracy.
• Structured approach to work is important.
• Experience in a Credit Control environment would be an advantage.
• Figure orientated.
• Ability to do reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtain the following in writing from franchises/customers before starting to resolve :
o Serial number queries.
o Name changes.
o Name differences.
o Banking details for payouts (verify details with a senior official of franchise)
• Assist franchises in ensuring that adequate supporting documentation is obtained.
• Ensure that query is resolved timeously and communicate this either by telephone or e-mail to the customer.
• Ensure that allocation references on AS400 (e.g. PC groups) are done as required.
• Ensure franchise details (e.g. trading names, VAT numbers) are accurate and updated on AS400.
• Capture new interest rates after obtaining them in writing from management.
• Where a special rate has been given to a franchise, obtain the necessary written approval from the departmental manager concerned.
• Assist contracts staff with any problems encountered when loading contracts onto the AS400.
• Submit “month end” processing to IS department on due date every month.
• Transferring of deals from one franchise to another or one account to another.
• Settlement Quotes
o Provide written settlement quotations to customers within the specified turnaround times, this includes checking and authorizing of settlement quotations.
o These instructions should be filed in month and account order, for easy follow up if needed.
o Settlements that do not relate to an upgrade or a legal deal will attract a 90 day interest penalty, and this must be quoted when a settlement amount is requested.
o Current practice is to not attract the 90 day interest penalty where deals have 12 or less months outstanding.
• Settlements (Upgrades, cancellations and full recourse product)
o Obtain written instructions from customers before processing a deal settlement.
o Establish reasons for settling deals in order to invoice the correct settlement amounts.
o These instructions should be filed in month and account order for easy follow up if needed.
o All settlement requests must be authorized by senior management prior to processing (FIN only).
• Settlements (FTO)
o Payments on bank statement that reflects settlements after settlement quotes issued will require settlement and suspension of a deal. Invoice will be raised on FTO/FRA account for payment to be allocated to.
• Debtor’s Book
o Management of age analysis to ensure that all payments received timeously.
o Ensure accurate allocation of deposits received from debtors.
o Account queries/statements/recons where applicable.
o Timely reporting of age analysis.
• Admin Reporting
o Management of debtor’s age analysis to ensure all items are followed up and resolved.
o Other reports relating to collection of rentals and other.
• Overpayment refunds
o Liaise with customer as to how they would like their overpayments to be allocated. Where the customer opts for a refund, prepare a cheque requisition and obtain approval from management.
• Other Duties
o Ensure that the recourse and warranty claims are in accordance to the process.
o Producing any other ad hoc reports as well as assistance with client correspondence where required.
o Releasing of debit and credit notes or invoices as required, including recourse, warranty and penalty claims.
o Run meter billing, submitted to IS department (FTO) on due date every month.
o Transfer of accounts to legal (FTO) deals.
o Assistance with Evergreen administration and payments.
o Assistance with any other special internal or external request.
o To assist team members when required.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to email@example.com at Human Resources. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after your submission, please take it that your application has not been successful.