PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the direct interface between Nashua (Pty) Ltd and Nashua Franchises, the Channel Sales Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Consult and guide the Franchises at various levels, ensuring that they are adequately staffed in their Franchise divisions, skilled and equipped to drive sales, enquiries and identify opportunities for all products that Nashua (Pty) Ltd sells.
• The Channel Sales Specialist will also be responsible to drive sales plans and initiatives to assist the Franchises to meet their sales targets that have been apportioned to each Franchise.
• Constantly assessing and reporting on sales performance vs. targets, and highlighting areas that need action and escalating as necessary.
• Develop a plan that delivers value to the Franchise in the form of revenue.
• Minimum requirement Matric.
• Excellent presentation, judgment, analysing, planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written.
• Knowledge of the office automation environment.
• Good team working experience.
• Good business acumen and numerical understanding.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail and accountability.
• AS400 knowledge is an advantage.
• Must be self-driven, innovative and a strong team player and motivated person.
• Business (Sales and Marketing) qualification would be added advantage.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILTY
• Responsible for sales targets being achieved by their portfolio of Franchises for:
o Hardware revenue and units in segments from Franchises to customers.
o Consumables and spare revenue from Franchises to customers.
o Software and professional service revenue.
• Managing Sales Performance.
• Solution sales in Franchises.
• Implementation of Strategic Planning.
• Product knowledge.
• Manage Franchises in line with their Franchise contracts.
MANAGING SALES PERFORMANCE
• Maximize performance of monthly sales targets, budgets and goals. Focus on sell-out to the customer to generate revenue to Nashua (Pty) Ltd. Increase the percentage of market share that Nashua (Pty) Ltd has in the colour space.
• Measure the sales team’s performance by monitoring the Sales Manager’s implementation and utilization of the following systems and procedures:
o INFORM – Weekly measurement of the sales pipeline in INFORM and develop forecast from the Inform system. Measure the success rate from prospect to closure of the sale. Review and confirm full wallet share in relations to all Nashua (Pty) Ltd products.
o DPI – Monthly meeting with Franchise holders to present sales opportunities within the Franchise area. Measure and track these opportunities within INFORM from prospect stage to closure.
o Pro-Act – Monthly meetings with Franchise holders to present sales opportunities within the Franchise existing customer base. Develop sales plan with the Franchise holder and measure conversion rate.
o Sales Projections – Utilize qualified prospects from INFORM, DPI and Pro-Act to supply Nashua (Pty) Ltd with accurate stock projections within budget, in preparation for the monthly E5 meetings.
• SOLUTION SALES IN FRANCHISES
o Drive solution selling together with the Franchise and Nashua (Pty) Ltd Solution Division.
o Together with the Nashua (Pty) Ltd Solution Division create sales opportunities with the Franchises which will lead to solution sales.
o Provide guidance in generating professional service revenue streams, independent of equipment and software sales.
o Follow-up with the Franchise stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction with the Solution Business.
o Maintain knowledge of the industry and competitive developments as applicable to the local market, so that a local strategy can be developed where necessary.
o Maintain and grow profitability within the Franchises as assigned in your portfolio.
o Co-ordinate the collation and reporting of Franchises sale’s ratios understanding the impact that sales margins through the channel, on volume and profitability.
o Quarterly Base analysis to identify opportunities for growth, protect or move to manage.
• IMPLEMENTATION OF STRATEGIC PLANNING
o Plan and capture (to Outlook) Franchise visitation schedule and agenda’s.
o Keep an active record of the Meeting minutes, and action points.
o Monitor Franchise Sales Manager’s implementation plan of budgets and targets through the Sales plan supplied by the Channel Sales Specialists.
o Complete the Quarterly Franchise Review documents and escalate relevant to do items.
o Ensure that Franchises are aware of all Nashua (Pty) Ltd initiatives, drives and systems and are optimally using or driving these to the full benefit of the Franchise.
o Drive the following products within the Franchises to their customers to generate revenue to both Nashua (Pty) Ltd and the Franchises:
o Consumables and spares.
o Software and solutions.
o Any approved Nashua (Pty) Ltd products in the future.
• PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
o Maintain current product knowledge on Nashua (Pty) Ltd product range, including Hardware, Software and Solutions.
o Facilitate and assist the Franchise sales staff with product demonstrations.
o Assist Franchise sales with larger / strategic deals to ensure that Nashua (Pty) Ltd has a good understanding of the pricing / margins and supply requirements for hardware, software and ongoing to win deals.
o Ensure timeous receipt, verification and capture of all appropriate sales information.
o Attend monthly meetings with Franchise Sales Manager.
o Present visitation agenda’s and write resultant reports, keeping an accurate report per franchise.
o Practice effective time management and problem solving.
o Evaluate and approve application for Special pricing, market penetration plans (MPP) and direct business plans (DPD) on the AS400. Administer effective management and approve applications on the TMP plans.
o Request pricing support from Marketing.
o Assist Tender team / Franchise with tenders.
o Report on price validation findings and action where required.
• MANAGE FRANCHISES IN LINE WITH THEIR FRANCHISE CONTRACTS
o Manage Franchises in line with their Franchise contracts, making / enforcing recommendations with regards to corrective action in line with the terms and conditions of the Franchise agreement.
o All meetings and recommendations need to be recorded with deadlines and escalated where necessary.
o Accepting full responsibility for all duties and responsibilities
• OTHER ASSIGNMENTS
• To perform any assignments if and when requested to do so by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Sales Officer, Head of Sales and any other Executive Officer of Nashua (Pty) Ltd.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za. Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.