A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Limited for a Product Manager – Communications reporting to the Products Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Product Manager is responsible for effective management of the assigned product portfolio as a business unit, working closely with the sales, service/support teams and partners. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. As Product Manager you are required to build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, your contact with the sales channel and market research. Vendor management will be critical to this position aligning products and services to the overall business strategy.
• Suitable business qualification diploma or degree with strong accounting focus.
• Marketing Experience 2- 3 years within the telecommunication industry.
• Full understanding of the marketing and business concepts surrounding the following areas:
o PABX products and technologies
o Knowledge of Analogue/ BRI/ PRI connection and cable connections
o At least 2 years of working experience working with (FXS/ FXO/ BRI/ PRI & SIP).
o Experience working with video conference and surveillance equipment technologies.
o TCP/IP Networking (LAN/WAN) Topologies
o N+, MCSE or similar (excellent understanding TCP/IP Networking LAN/WAN Topologies).
• Track record in commercial relationship building.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills at C -Level engagements.
• Project management skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be a self-driven and motivated person.
• Must be a team player.
• Able to travel extensively.
Assigned Duties :
• Develop an understanding of the marketplace and competitive landscape.
• Develop a multiyear product road map based on criteria and structure for requirements prioritization.
• Assist in driving the annual product strategy and roadmap.
• Deliver on the product strategy and roadmap.
• Assist sales team in creating a value proposition to market.
• Implement local product strategy based on the market segmentation model.
• Prepare product forecasts.
• Assist in pricing models based on customer value (ROI) analysis.
Sourcing of new products and vendors in agreed upon product segments
• Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Conduct this research using competitor analysis tools and research.
• Develop product collateral for internal and customer facing usage.
• Maintain expert knowledge on the relevant product industry and trends.
• Review, and keep up to date on new developments regarding competitor products.
• Support the product development process.
• Maintains communication with customers and partners for product development.
• Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning.
• Develop pricing and packaging strategies.
• Plan trade, road shows and product launch events in conjunction with the products manager.
• Attend conferences and training events.
• Contribute to newsletters, forums and events in conjunction with products manager.
Product Management and Support
• Manage product life cycle stages i.e. conceive, plan, develop, qualify, launch, deliver and withdraw.
• Product development in line with company strategy.
• Develop “boxed” solutions for different vertical markets.
• Launch Products as per defined ISO and marketing department procedures.
• Maintenance of products on the AS400, pricing updates and adjustments.
• Assist in maintaining accurate virtual or psychical stock levels with the admin and logistics teams.
• Assist with product forecasts where applicable with logistics team.
• Act as a point of first reference for all product related enquiries.
• Ensure all product collateral, training material is available and relevant on the CRM system.
• Ensure that all relevant information for new products is timeously handed to the Marketing and Events administrator to add onto our webpage.
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships nationally and internationally.
• Ensure pricing parity on products and services are maintained at all times.
• Ensure pricelists are current and partner agreements are adhered to at all times.
• Align vendor’s strategy with company business strategy.
• Ensure training programs are carried out by vendors to sales, marketing and professional service teams.
• Review and assist in the compiling of Market Share analysis gathered from independent research houses e.g. InfoSource and IDC.
• Monitor Sales by product segment and group.
• Monitor Sales vs. Budget: Monitor with view to achieve/ exceed budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Monitor average selling prices to channel and end user (when required).
• Monthly contribution on business unit performance and any events/incentives for board Report.
Training and equipping
• Collaborates with other functions leaders (marketing communication, sales, development, and customer service) to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product.
• Work closely with the sales team (internal and Channel) to develop sales tools and training.
• Interact with all members of the sales team (internal and Channel) to ensure product knowledge by planning and executing internal sales training and events.
• Responsible for the launch of products to internal and external teams.
• Develop and coach the sales consultants on the go-to-market planning and execution, including reference customers, beta programs, sales training, sales materials, and demos.
• Work with the team to help develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns.
• Provide the sales team with the necessary product knowledge expertise to enable them to sell the product.
• Provide the sales team with printed and electronic promotional material, product training as well as relevant product documentation.
• Work closely with the market-facing sales and solutions consultants to understand business goals, client and end-user needs and how they relate to the product and proposed software.
• Act as the central point of training planning and facilitation for product marketing across various business units.
• Formulate internal marketing training plan across business units and develop training schedule based on needs analysis and frequency with respective product managers.
• Liaise with Human Resources, Learning and Development specialist in compiling cohesive training plan quarterly, bi- annually and annually.
• Quality Management – Implement and execute training measurement and feedback on a regular basis and report to line manager monthly.
• Assist in strategic planning and initiatives as and when required
• Assist the Project Management Office as and when tasked to do so on specific projects and tasks.
• To perform any assignments as and when requested to do so by the Head of Marketing, or any C-level Executive.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.