A vacancy exits at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Chief Information Officer (“the CIO”), reporting to the CEO.
The CIO will work with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Nashua (Pty) Ltd (“the Company”) and identify the strategic direction and performance of the Company as well as lead the effective implementation of objectives agreed to, to ensure the success of the Company. The CIO will be expected to use sound leadership experience and business acumen encompassing both IT operations and system development to lead and manage efficiently and effectively the IT services of the Company.
The CIO will map digital capabilities to strategic priorities and will direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of the Company’s operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and mission development. The CIO will ensure that all systems necessary to support the Company’s operations and objectives are in place.
The CIO will also offer IT services, direction and guidance to companies within the Reunert ICT segment.
Planning & Infrastructure
• Lead an ongoing program to compare, select and implement or upgrade technologies and infrastructure for use by the business and coordinate the risk-benefit evaluation of current and future alternatives.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
• Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
• Develop, track, and control the software licensing, information technology annual operating and capital budgets for the company.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT structure and systems.
• IT risk management from a cyber-crime, redundancy, legacy and governance perspective.
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve the Company goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• Lead the ongoing development and execution of a technology strategy to support and inform the business strategy.
• Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Anticipate and interpret the impact of market and social trends on the technology strategy and work together with the Executive team to make informed changes.
• Participate as a member of the Executive team to establish governance processes and controls, and give direction, to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed and resources are used responsibly.
• Lead multiple development and operational teams.
• Architect sound solutions in support of business strategy and future requirements while enabling improved customer engagement.
• Work closely with the COO to ensure development processes and methodology ties in seamlessly with other operational processes.
• Establish and supervise a testing regime and quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
• Identify and implement best practice technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product & bespoke development, deployment, testing and code management.
• To undertake any other tasks as agreed with the Chief Executive Officer.
• Research and examine existing systems as well as future technologies.
• Compare, select and upgrade technology and infrastructure.
• Task prioritisation from a system and infrastructure perspective.
• Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role.
• 10 to 15 years’ applicable work experience in managing and/or directing an IT operation.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• A degree in the field of computer science, technology or business administration will be advantageous.
• Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
• Ability to project manage IT initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Budget management.
• Ability to set and manage priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy please submit your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za
Should you not hear from us, 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.