Nashua Paarl & West Coast who are situated in Paarl have a vacancy for a Field Engineer.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To repair and service all Nashua and Nashua approved models of copiers, fax machines, printers and PABX equipment.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
• Repair and service of machines
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. REPAIR OF MACHINES
• To service and repair all of Nashua’s equipment in the field.
• Keep service call-out records up to date by completing all service calls.
• Ensure that awaiting spares call-outs are done as soon as the part is available.
• To follow the correct procedure when receiving a call and when a call is completed within the AS400 and the MASC system.
• Constant communication with service manager when field problems occur.
• Keeping a customer satisfied to their specific needs.
• Maintain and stay in budget of spare parts.
• To ensure that boot stock balance at all times.
• The service engineer will be expected to self-study for internet based training as laid out by the service manager and company requirements.(GUW, A+, N+ and PDI+)
• To ensure that accurate information is given to the service controller relating to a service call and basic running of the department.
• To make sure that all paperwork relating to the service department is presented in a decent manner and on time.
• Working hours are from 08:00 to 16:30.
• Overtime will be required from time to time if requested from a customer.
• Weekend training will be required from time to time when needed.
• Attend service/company meetings when requested.
• Perform any reasonable assignment if and when requested by the Technical Manager.
• Must have a roadworthy vehicle at all times to perform his duties in the field.
• Must ensure that vehicle is maintained properly and insured properly.
• Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
• To take proper care of company property that is supplied to him.
• Take full responsibility for company property for damage due to negligence.
• Take full responsibility for spare parts where supplied due to negligence or loss.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate which position you are applying for. Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful