If you are looking to work for an innovative, dynamic and highly driven company, and you are looking to work with an executive team, then Nashua (Pty) Limited is the place for you. If you think you have what it takes to take our product offering to the rest of our African continent – SADC, East and West – to grow our sales and market share vision to another level, then read on and apply if you feel you meet the requirements. This position will report to the CEO of Nashua (Pty) Limited.
Plan, develop and execute a strategy for the expansion of the Nashua’s presence in Southern, Eastern and Western Africa. As a member of the Executive team, you will be accountable for driving Nashua’s growth plans across Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, whilst investigating and developing selling and partnership opportunities in East and West Africa.
Some of the responsibilities that will be expected from the Chief Sales and Solutions Officer to carry out are:
Responsibilities will include
- Preparing the region-level business development plans for new office centre openings to achieve growth targets.
- Building a pipeline of potential new partners and customers in different countries.
- Preparing the business cases and financial models to evaluate the commercial feasibility of each new opportunity.
- Negotiating sales and distribution agreements with potential partners. Compiling intelligence on competitor performance and sales opportunities and analysing customer demand.
- Secure the revenue stream of the business.
- Execute the annual Africa Sales plan.
- Visit new potential customer and existing customers on a periodic basis
- To prepare proposals/quotations and presentations.
- Budget and forecasting management
- Forecast requirements to meet sales and financial objectives
- Forecast stock requirements
- Deliver turnover in line with or in excess of the Budget set for each region/country.
- Evaluate customer needs for new opportunities
- Convert key prospects who have strategic importance or offer valuable business potential
- Develop relationships and network with local companies to build referrals
- Develop relationships with key South African and African companies operating in more than one African country.
- To mentor, develop and support existing sales team in territories
- Drive customer satisfaction by evaluating sales, sales support, service and technical support
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Meet with customers to resolve any issues and complaints
- Develop market intelligence and translate into market needs.
- Drive product and service expansion opportunities
- Identify opposition threats and implement strategy to neutralize.
- Evaluate products, services and technical support in order to improve sales opportunities.
- Provide African thought leadership to New Business Development team.
- Guide and manage cross functional team members on a variety of products and deal types.
- Lead and own high impact, high priority and immediate projects across East and West Africa.
- Expand and lead entrepreneurial opportunities. In addition to sourcing high priority, high impact deals that align with the company and regional strategy.
- Influence business strategies based on expertise and understanding of industry landscape, trends and competitors.
Qualifications and experience:
- Significant African experience, including experience in business development, partner management, product management or product marketing in industries relevant to Nashua.
- Experience identifying partners, analysing and facilitating complex deal structures with a proven track record of deal negotiation and execution.
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.).
- Possess high level of comfort escalating and presenting key deal issues to executive management when appropriate; solution-oriented mind-set a must.
- Ability to manage several time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- An existing broad network of relationships with key market players.
- Experience and ability to work under high pressure
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to respond quickly to a changing market environment
- Planning and organisation – the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate.
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in Portuguese/French/local languages is ideal
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of subordinates.
- Mature, credible, reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Well-presented, business-like and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the South Africa.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Good financial understanding
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads.
- Must have excellent computer literacy levels – MS Word, Excel, Outlook (MS 2010).
- Ability to manage motivate and inspire subordinates in achieving superior sales results.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word, and MS Outlook.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Job Evaluation: 3
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to Matshepo Mlaba (email@example.com), Human Resources, by no later than 29 August 2014.