A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Junior Product Manager MPS, reporting to the Product Manager. This position is based in Johannesburg.
The Product Manager is responsible for effective management of the assigned product portfolio working closely with the sales and service/ support teams. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. As Product Manager you are required to build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, your contact with the sales channel and market research. Training and vendor management will be critical to this position aligning products and services to the overall business strategy.
– Suitable business qualification diploma or degree with strong accounting focus.
– Marketing Experience 2- 3 years.
– Full understanding of the marketing and business concepts
– Track record in commercial relationship building.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills at C -Level engagements.
– Project management skills.
– Strong organizational skills.
– Must be able to work under pressure.
– Must be a self-driven and motivated person.
– Must be a team player.
– Able to travel extensively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Identify the skills, knowledge, and/or goals that you want to achieve and communicate them to your line manager
– Bring up new topics that are important to you at any point and give feedback to your business unit
– Maintain a mentoring plan and set up goals, developmental activities, and time frames
– Work with your business unit to seek resources for learning; identify people and information that might be helpful
– Look for opportunities to give back to your business unit; share any information that you think might be valuable
– Develop an understanding of the marketplace and competitive landscape.
– Develop a multiyear product road map based on criteria and structure for requirements prioritisation in conjunction with your senior product manager
– Assist in driving the annual product strategy and roadmap
– Deliver on the product strategy and roadmap in terms of specific tasks allocated to you
– Assist sales team in creating a value proposition to market
– Implement local product strategy based on the market segmentation model
– Prepare product forecasts
– Assist in pricing models based on customer value (ROI) analysis.
– Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Conduct this research using competitor analysis tools and research
– Develop product collateral for internal and customer facing usage
– Maintain expert knowledge on the relevant product industry and trends
– Review, and keep up to date on new developments regarding competitor products
– Support the product development process
– Maintain communication with customers and partners for continuous product development
– Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning
– Develop pricing and packaging strategies
– Plan trade, road shows and product launch events in conjunction with the senior product manager
– Attend conferences and training events as required
– Contribute to newsletters, forums and events in conjunction with your senior product manager
Product Management and Support
– Manage product life cycle stages i.e. conceive, plan, develop, qualify, launch, deliver and withdraw
– Product development in line with company strategy
– Develop “boxed” solutions for different vertical markets
– Launch Products as per defined ISO and marketing department procedures
– Maintenance of products on the AS400, pricing updates and adjustments
– Assist in maintaining accurate virtual or actual stock levels with the admin and logistics teams
– Assist with product forecasts where applicable with logistics team
– Act as a point of first reference for all product related enquiries
– Ensure all product collateral, training material is available and relevant on the CRM system
– Ensure that all relevant information for new products is timeously handed to the Marketing and Events administrator to add onto our webpage
– Develop and maintain vendor relationships nationally and internationally
– Ensure pricing parity on products and services are maintained at all times
– Ensure pricelists are current and partner agreements are adhered to at all times
– Align vendor’s strategy with company business strategy
– Ensure training programs are carried out by vendors to sales, marketing and professional service teams.
– Review and assist in the compiling of Market Share analysis gathered from independent research houses e.g. InfoSource and IDC
– Monitor Sales by product segment and group
– Monitor Sales vs. Budget: Monitor with view to achieve/ exceed budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
– Monitor average selling prices to channel and end user (when required)
– Monthly contribution on business unit performance and any events/incentives for management reports as and when required
Training and equipping
– Collaborate with other functions leaders (marketing communication, sales, development, and customer service) to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the products within your portfolio
– Work closely with the sales team (internal and Channel) to develop sales tools and training
– Interact with all members of the sales team (internal and Channel) to ensure product knowledge by planning and executing internal sales training and events
– Responsible for the launch of products to internal and external teams
– Develop and coach the sales consultants on the go-to-market planning and execution, including reference customers, beta programs, sales training, sales materials, and demos
– Work with the team to help develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns
– Provide the sales team with the necessary product knowledge expertise to enable them to sell the product
– Provide the sales team with printed and electronic promotional material, product training as well as relevant product documentation
– Work closely with the market-facing sales and solutions consultants to understand business goals, client and end-user needs and how they relate to the product and proposed software
– Assist in strategic planning and initiatives as and when required
– Assist the Project Management Office as and when tasked to do so on specific projects and tasks
– To perform any assignments as and when requested to do so by the Head of Marketing, or any C-level Executive.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 04 June 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.