A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Learning and Development Officer, reporting to the Learning and Development Manager.
• Diploma/Degree in Human Resources.
• Skills Development Facilitator qualification (beneficial).
• Assessor and Moderator qualification (beneficial).
• 4-5 years LD experience within SETAs and Learnerships.
• 4-5 years training/facilitation experience (beneficial).
1. Skills analysis.
2. Training co-ordination and facilitation.
3. Support talent mapping process.
4. Effective management of learnerships and projects.
5. Administration and reporting utilising LMS.
6. Effective teamwork and self-management.
7. Stakeholder relationship management.
Key Deliverables and Input Behaviours:
• Preparing and circulating skills audit questionnaires for completion detailing current skill level, developmental requirements and career aspirations.
• Consolidating and analysing information to facilitate the preparation of a comprehensive skills plan, identifying and prioritising specific interventions.
• Assessing the effectiveness of the plan to meet developmental and capacity building objectives against specific measures reflective of cost, time and quality of content.
• Discussing proposed actions/ interventions, internal and external training requirements with the manager prior to commencing with implementation.
TRAINING COORDINATION AND FACILITATION
• Identifying and engaging with suitable external providers to address specialist training needs.
• Scheduling and confirming training and circulating dates, times and other related information to stakeholders.
• Apply principles of effective facilitation and adult learning in facilitating selected programmes as per L&D framework.
SUPPORT TALENT MAPPING PROCESS
• Working with the L&D Manager, analyse succession training required and identify suitable programmes based on management/specialist levels.
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF LEARNERSHIPS AND PROJECTS
• Project manage the implementation of learnerships and projects.
• Ensure compliance to schedules and assess training and practical implementation.
• Compile regulatory reports for learner, company and SETA.
• Obtain funding window openings and research learners hip grant opportunities.
• Submit grant required reports and documentation within deadlines.
• Ensure accurate invoicing to SETA.
• Monitor SETA grants and follow up where required.
ADMINISTRATION AND REPORTING
• Compiling and updating information on company systems with respect to training completed, attendance levels and targets achieved.
• Preparing post training evaluation on selected training activities, outlining objectives and accomplishment of outcomes.
• Checking and verifying payment invoices of external provides prior to forwarding for processing.
• Maintaining the information on all L&D systems to be able to provide details of interventions planned and completed.
EFFECTIVE SELF-MANAGEMENT AND TEAMWORK
• Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
• Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
• Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs.
• Respond openly to feedback.
• Demonstrate willingness to help others and ‘go the extra mile’ to meet team targets and objectives.
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
• Proactively network and build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Negotiate SLAs and manage expectations with stakeholders.
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your CV to email@example.com Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.