A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Management Accountant reporting to the Group Financial Manager.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine financial and operating performance of the entity, and the group on a monthly and annual basis.
To assist the Group Financial Manager with a wide variety of accounting issues.
- Matric with relevant University accounting qualification or relevant experience.
- Self-motivated, positive thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- Person of high integrity.
- Deadline orientated.
- Analytical, with great attention to detail.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Complete month-end processing to trial balance.
- Preparation of monthly management packs.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Assisting with the annual budget preparation and completion.
- Preparation of annual audit and tax packs, and Annual Financial Statements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring Trial Balance is accurate and completed timeously.
- Ensure that all month end journals are passed in time to meet month end deadlines and are appropriately authorised.
- Ensure that all major accruals are identified and recorded in the Trial Balance.
- Ensure that the Trial Balance is completed timeously for month end.
- Ensure that the Trial Balance presented to the FM is complete and accurate in all material aspects.
- Review journals files at month end and ensure that all journals are on file and appropriately authorised.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting schedules for accounts listed on the trial balance.
- Ensure that reconciling items are cleared within the next month.
- Reconciliation to be completed prior to submission of month end results to Reunert to enable review by Financial Manager.
- Review reconciliation file after the completion of month end to ensure that all recons are on file and correctly signed off by both the user and the FM/GM: Finance.
- Assist FM to assess financial results to budgets and forecasts.
- Identify and investigate abnormal movements on accounts every month and pass corrections journals where necessary.
- Analyse sales, cost of sales and expenses and identify reasons for variances to forecast, budgets and prior periods.
- Intercompany transactions.
- Prepare the intercompany transactions schedules and confirm the intercompany transactions with the respective parties.
- Group Reporting, AFS, and Departmental Reporting and Profitability analysis.
- Complete monthly and annual group reporting on SAP.
- Assist the FM in completion of adhoc reporting required by Reunert.
- Complete the finance pack and ensure that all information is accurate.
- Prepare monthly departmental pack and discuss variance with departments.
- Prepare monthly profitability analysis for the Nashua OA Group.
- Completion of the AFS for Nashua Pty and Nashua Holdings Pty.
- Completion of annual Tax Pack on Onesource with all supporting schedules.
- Ensure that financial reports are compliant with the latest IFRS accounting standards.
- Annual Budgets
- Assist the FM in developing the budgeting templates.
- Assist the business units in the preparing their budgets.
- Assist FM in the analysis of budget reasonableness.
- Manage the completion of the finance department’s budget.
- Assist in compiling and gathering information required for interim and year-end audits (Internal and External).
- Assist in preparing tax disclosure schedules and in the completion of Onesource.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the ISO policies and procedures.
- Assist /Manage projects identified.
- To perform any reasonable assignment requested by Management.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, by no later than 16th August 2017. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.