MANAGING DIRECTOR – DURBAN
Nashua Durban (‘the Company”) is looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. You will be the highest ranking manager in the Company and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the Company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. The goal is to ensure the Company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines. This position will report to the Chief Sales Officer.
- Develop and execute the Company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
- Contribute to the development of the Company strategy through a thorough, current understanding of local competitive forces and local business opportunities, including new sources of sustainable revenue.
- Manage the business development, Sales and operations, whilst taking full responsibility for P&L and reporting to the Board.
- Together with the team, input into strategy on product approach to market.
- Provide strategic advice to the Board so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the Company’s future.
- Improve and drive Sales growth.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Drive the financial planning, budgeting and cost control.
- Ensure Company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the Company and that they are followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Oversee the Company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
- Act in the best interest of the Company at all times and in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure the Company’s growth.
- Provide professional and strong leadership to all staff at all levels throughout the Company.
- Ensure that all Managers of the Company have credible and challenging KPIs and to oversee their delivery.
- Lead the management team through a delegatory and results-based management structure.
Board level responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To provide comprehensive monthly reports, budgets and financials to the Chief Executive and Board.
- Implement all approved plans, policies and programmes and achieve agreed targets.
- Highly motivated entrepreneur who has proven management and Sales skills at high level, including experience in operations and finance.
- Visionary leadership.
- Ability to motivate a workforce.
- Ability to plan and forecast.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans.
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the Company.
- Strong understanding of finance, operations and measures of performance.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- To perform any assignments if and when requested to do so by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Sales Officer, Head of Sales and any other Executive Officer of Nashua (Pty) Ltd.
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – Human Resources, by no later than 7th of August 2017.