A vacancy exist at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Pre-Sales Engineer reporting to the Pre-and Post-Solutions Manager. This position is based in Johannesburg.
The Pre-Sales Engineer builds and advises on the solutions which provide efficiencies in “Cost Reduction and 3rd Party Billing”, “Fleet Management”, “Variable Data Printing”, “Document and Process Digitisation & Optimisation” and integrates across various business areas and disciplines. They are responsible for the systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all of business areas, and then articulating the benefits the solution will provide. They will Identify and examine business inefficiencies and determine effective solutions to assist in the reduction of costs and productivity improvements. They will act as a bridge between the business, sales people and the IT teams and can also be responsible for ad-hoc implementation or development themselves. They will evaluate and document the underlying business architecture and assist in providing supporting documentation which can be used to build business cases, risk assessments, and create functional requirements for solutions to be sold into the potential customer. They will document the implementation plan and ensure successful implementation. Once successfully installed the Pre-Sales Engineer will conduct a post implementation review to ensure the value has been attained from the solution.
- Degree in computer science or related will be an Advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in solutions design and software troubleshooting
- Experience in enterprise software sales including proposal writing and software demonstrations.
- Document & Print management software, VDP & Cost recovery experience will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of hardware, software, networking and database concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Public speaking, writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with all Windows OS, Client and Servers is required.
- Experience with scripting or programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web protocols (e.g., HTTP, ASP, XML, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting or object-oriented programming.
- A demonstrated ability to meet/exceed goals.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Exposure to office automation industry knowledge and business process understanding (will be an added advantage).
- Having managed IT / product implementation projects would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand complex technology, simplifying it for the customer to ensure understanding and buy-in.
Duties and responsibilities
- Must have detailed knowledge of “Cost Reduction and 3rd Party billing”, “Fleet Management” and “Variable Data Printing” platforms in order to design and communicate solutions for a customer’s business problem/s.
- Provide technical consulting and training to the sales force as well as prospective customers.
- Provide product advice and consultation during pre-sales work.
- Develop, implement and deliver technical training to the Franchise Engineers in frequent sessions both locally and regionally.
- Answer Presales and technical questions via e-mail, conference calls and web presentations.
- Will be the technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be a delivered in the engagement.
- May be responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving customer requirements.
- Work with customers to define the best possible business Solutions, using Nashua’s Product Basket.
- Responsible for the design and communication of the business Solutions and the identification of integration requirements, extensions, reports and customizations of the product.
- Presents the solutions based on explicitly and implicitly stated requirements.
- Supports the design and development of the technical content defined in the statement of work.
- Assist the customer with the definition of the most appropriate business processes that will underpin the technical business Solutions.
- The Pre-Sales Engineer strives to achieve as close to 100% as possible of the customer’s business requirements using the standard platform.
- Ability to advise on the most appropriate course of action if the business problem is not solved using standard technologies.
- Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of Nashua and industry products and solutions through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the project management team to develop the implementation plan and define project deliverables and schedules.
- Helps to identify and leverage Nashua Limited and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Develop strong working relationships with partner, customers, and Solutions team members.
- To perform any assignments if and when requested to do so by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Sales Officer, Head of Sales and any other Executive Officer of Nashua (Pty) Ltd.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 26 January 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.