A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Limited for a Project Specialist, reporting to the Project Office Manager.
Provide project management support to deliver projects within the established budget, timelines and to Customer’s expectations. Focus on meeting project commitments, including communication with management, project sponsors, internal & external stakeholders, etc. Lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects as assigned.
• Matric, plus relevant Diploma or Degree in Project Management or equivalent.
• 5-6 years of experience with the planning, management and delivery of successful projects.
• Must be highly motivated and results driven.
• Problem identification, solution development and delivery.
• Analytical/logical approach to business tasks/needs.
• In depth knowledge and experience of Risk and Issue Management ensuring.
• Excellent planning skills and ability to identify and manage the critical path in assigned projects.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Project.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner Extensive experience in a Project Management / Coordinator role.
• The role requires the Project Specialists to be based in Nashua (Pty) Limited with travel to sites across South Africa, Southern Africa.
• Understanding of the technical and business concepts surrounding the following areas ( an advantage):
– Enterprise content management
– Print fleet management
– Print management
– Workflow solutions
– Capture solutions
– Voice & Data
• Able to work in a changing environment.
• Able to work to and meet project deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To plan and manage one or more internal and external Project processes and procedures within the PMO Team, either directly or with Franchises, to ensure that programmes and projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
• To effectively plan the resource allocation within a project and align stakeholders, pre- and post-sales team to new projects.
• Plan the resource allocation of the Project Support staff.
• Monitor and report on the resource utilisation of the Project Team.
• Effectively manage milestones with in a project and escalate where required.
• Monitor, report and present on the development of Project Management at a senior management level and provide monthly analysis reports of such progress.
• Assist and develop the evolution of Project Management to meet the PMO Team core objectives.
• Assist Sales, Pre-Sales and Post-Sales team with the promotion of Project Management.
• Work within the best practices defined by the Programme Management Office (PMO).
• Consistently demonstrate effective project planning, delivery and communications.
• Manage and control multiple internal and external projects.
• Effectively and consciously manage the project stakeholder’s expectations.
• Provide accurate project status reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist the Pre- and Post-Sales resources with any other project tasks as required.
Relationship Building (Internal & External Stakeholders)
• Communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Develop, motivate and lead and coordinate teams.
• Customer facing presenting at board-room level.
• Recognise conflict situations and deal with them effectively
• A professional presence, vocabulary and communication skills are essential Identification, recording, management and resolution/mitigation is analysed, prioritised and clearly visible to stakeholders.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy please submit your CV to Matshepo Mlaba, Human Resources, Matshepo_mlaba@nashua.co.za. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.