We know your business’s information is confidential and irreplaceable. Which is why we’ve put systems and software in place to ensure your data doesn’t end up in the wrong hands.
Here are some important facts to consider about the safety of your confidential information when using a multifunction printer (MFP) in the workplace:
- Whether you print, copy, scan or fax, images will remain on the hard drive of your MFP.
- Regardless of whether you print to an MFP from a mobile device, server or print management system, information is stored on the hard drive after the print is complete.
- Deleting print jobs from your printer doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve deleted them from the hard drive of the printer.
- The hard drive of your MFP doesn’t only store printed documents, but login details and email addresses too.
- Few companies know what happens to the stored data on their current machines when these devices are upgraded – to their detriment.
Store data safely
For these reasons, it’s important to ensure confidential information that’s printed, copied, scanned or faxed through an MFP is securely stored – and deleted when necessary. Here’s how we keep our clients’ information safe and secure:
- All information stored on Nashua printer hard drives is secured by encryption.
- Nashua printers have disk overwrite security (DOSS) that overwrites all data stored on hard disk drives.
- Access to the machine’s network interface board can be restricted to a certain IP range to prevent unauthorised access.
- Every page can be printed with mandatory security information such as user IDs, date and time.
- Menus can be locked to prevent tampering with device settings.
For more information on Nashua, visit www.nashua.co.za.