EVENTS AND MARKETING OFFICER
A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Limited for an Events and Marketing Officer reporting to Head of Marketing.
Purpose of Position:
To work with various departments to create and manage internal and external events as well as conferences throughout the year.
To further ensure that the brand messaging and alignment of the Nashua group is nurtured and grown whilst aligning with the company’s objectives, strategies, and running effective annual campaigns, which speak to and promote these strategies.
- Strong effective communication skills written and spoken – English being the preferred business medium
- Good facilitator (marketing events)
- Presentation skills
- Report writing
- Budget Management
- Must be innovative and creative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Willingness to travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
Events, Conference and Travel Management
- Work with various departments within the business in order to plan, book and manage their events.
- Manage internal and external events.
- Manage the budget of all events – as dictated by budget allowance.
- Work with the incumbent Nashua travel agency to create annual International Franchise holder’s conferences and negotiate best travel rates.
- Create themes for events, which are carried throughout the event – from invitations, communications and slide decks used at the event.
- Book and manage all external suppliers such as AV companies, guest or motivational speakers, transfer companies, etc.
- Ensure that agendas are created in line with business messaging and work with event leaders in order to create and collate presentations.
- Book all internal flight and travel arrangements for relevant staff.
- Ensure that the Nashua Brand effectively presents and supports Nashua’s overall strategy.
- Ensure that each piece of collateral that is developed for the Nashua Channel is completely aligned to the Nashua CI.
- Support with national campaigns, sponsorships and product launches.
Reporting and Measurement
- Compile a bi-monthly report on budget vs actual spend for all events and present it to the Head of Marketing.
- Whilst ROMI can be a tricky measurable, value should be demonstrated on every Marketing Rand spent.
Accepting full responsibility for all duties and responsibilities
To perform any assignments when requested to do so by the Executive Head of Marketing, or any C-level Executive. Support the Marketing Administrator with administrative duties, where required.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 13 July 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.