A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Financial Manager (Franchise) reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is based in Johannesburg.
Responsible for carrying out commercial, contractual and advisory duties in respect of the Nashua Franchises. Manage profitability of Franchises relative to revenue and expenses. Also assists with performing product and customer profitability analysis to support strategic decisions on product pricing.
Experience and Skills:
- Qualified CA(SA)
- 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to engage at C-Level
- Ability to negotiate at high levels and manage conflict.
- Willingness to travel
- Good commercial acumen
- High level of accuracy.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadline driven.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
- Sound decision maker / problem solving.
- Ability to forecast and manage budgets.
- Good communication skills
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Planning & organizing
Duties and Responsibilities
Managing and monitoring processes and systems
- Produce weekly, monthly reporting on profitability for Executives and summarise findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Analyse the trade-off between pricing and volume and how this relationship impacts overall profits and company strategy.
- Assist in planning the pricing, credit mix and return objectives by market for future products.
- May be required to focus on the assessment of a specific line of business or specialise into a variety of analytical paths including but not limited to operations support and solutions development.
- Assist in ensuring franchise fee minimums, franchise fee returns and the corresponding invoice is done accurately and timeously.
- Assist in the performance of periodic reviews of franchise fee returns at franchises to ensure that accurate calculation and completion thereof.
- Ensuring supplier rebate paperwork is submitted and the corresponding invoice is done accurately and timeously.
- Review all rebate paperwork to the accurate calculation and completion thereof.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of financial, reporting and operational systems at franchise level.
- Assist in the performance of periodic financial reviews on the accounts of selected franchises due to Nashua (Pty) Ltd shareholding interest or financial reporting/operational weaknesses.
- Performance of franchise fee audits based on actual returns submitted, on a scheduled basis, covering all franchises.
- Assist in the evaluation of possible solutions to matters arising from reviews and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- As per requests from Nashua (Pty) Ltd management, assist in the financial side of feasibility studies of anticipated projects as envisaged by Nashua (Pty) Ltd.
- Provide input and prepare financial valuations on potential investments.
- Review financial ratios across the franchise channel to ensure performance consistency.
Professional Service Delivery
- Manage and work with the franchise channel partners where required
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance and policies / procedures to identify and mitigate risks
- Engage in commercial discussions and negotiations wherever necessary to ensure the best possible outcome for the company.
- Work closely with the sales teams to understand the client environment, business requirements, funding mechanisms, etc. to advise Executives on the best commercial options.
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant financial, legal demands and ethical standards
- Administration of various databases, mechanisms of report production and presentations.
- Business analysis, quality production, development of processes and system applications.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 26th October 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.