A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Limited for a Learning & Development Manager reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Purpose of Position:
To execute the strategy and vision of Learning and Development for the Company and ensure alignment of the learning and development department’s offerings to the organisation and business strategy. To provide leadership in the development of innovative and learner-focused course material within legislative requirements. Monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA) with Service providers as well as the Skills Education Training Authorities (SETA). To manage the compliance process for the Learning department.
- Minimum Matric + HR Degree or National Diploma.
- Experience of management development and soft skills training.
- Experience of designing and delivering a variety of training solutions.
- Experience of partnering with third parties.
- Budget management experience.
- People Management experience.
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications.
- Articulate and confident standing up and delivering to large audiences.
- Organised, a self-starter and an inspirational leader of a team
- 5 – 8 years working experience in the training environment
- Analytical thinking
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively consult and collaborate with subject matter experts to identify and analyse emerging trends in the business to provide innovative solutions to business
- Keep abreast with national and international Learning and Development (L&D) best practices and legislative requirements.
- Recommend changes to the learning policies as per Legislative requirements.
Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Ensure that any learning courses not currently available are developed or sourced, preferably from an accredited provider.
- Ensure that the learning material is outcome based and aligned to the appropriate Unit standards.
- Review learning material regularly and ensure compliance and Quality Assurance
- Provide continuous guidance to business and line management
- Manage, monitor and ensure all learnership projects are completed within the specified timeframes and all learners are registered on the National Learners Records Database.
Operational Performance Monitoring
- Manage learnership programmes
- Liaison with Workplace Mentors and training providers to quality assure learning delivery thus ensuring that business learning needs are met
- Ensure logistics arrangements, venue bookings and notifications are done timeously
- Mange learner induction process and workplace experience
- Coordinate selection of learners, both internally and externally
- Manage external service providers to ensure business learning needs are met.
- Apply to Seta for learnerships and grants
- Understand mandatory and discretionary grant criteria and grant claim form procedure
- Track and reconcile levy payments and grant rebates
- Liaise with Seta regarding levy payments and grant rebates
- Comply with Seta grant claim requirements
- Monitor costs/expenditure against set learning budgets
- Ensure Learnership Documentation is recorded properly and timeously
- Drafting and submission of learning reports, including WSP & ATR
- Track and monitor progress of learnership and graduate programmes
- Provide training reports as and when required to the manager and relevant parties on all projects and team activities, risks and delays.
Key Performance Areas
- Management of Learning and Development.
- Annual Legislative Reporting.
- Management of Skills grant process.
- Co-ordination of all learning requirements.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 5 April 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.