IT / Network TechnicianJune 14, 2023
Sales Executive – Nashua VaalJune 19, 2023
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reporting Line: Field Service Manager
Location/Franchise: Nashua Vaal
The job purpose of a field service engineer for Office Automation is to provide technical support, installation, maintenance, and repair services for office automation equipment and systems. This role involves working directly with customers, both remotely and on-site, to ensure the smooth operation and functionality of various office automation devices such as MFPs, scanners. Overall, the role of a field service engineer for Office Automation is to ensure the smooth operation and efficient functioning of office automation devices, providing technical support, maintenance, and repairs to customers in a timely and professional manner.
Experience and Qualifications required
Field experience in the Office Automation will be advantageous
COMPTIA A+ and N+ will be an advantage
Must be competent in completing connectivity installations (printing /scan to mail and folder
Drivers License and own transport.
Duties and responsibilities
- Installation and Configuration: Setting up and configuring office automation equipment according to customer requirements and specifications. This involves connecting devices to networks, installing necessary software/drivers, and ensuring proper functionality.
- Troubleshooting and Repairs: Diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to office automation devices. This includes identifying hardware or software malfunctions, replacing faulty components, conducting repairs, and performing routine maintenance to prevent future problems.
- Customer Support: Providing technical assistance to customers by responding to inquiries, resolving issues, and offering guidance on equipment usage and best practices. This may involve explaining complex concepts in a user-friendly manner and ensuring customer satisfaction through effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Preventive Maintenance: Conducting regular maintenance activities, such as cleaning, calibrating, and updating firmware/software, to ensure optimal performance and minimize downtime. This proactive approach helps prevent issues before they occur and improves the longevity of the office automation equipment.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintaining accurate records of service activities, including equipment repairs, parts used, and time spent on each task. This documentation is essential for tracking service history, generating reports, and sharing insights with internal teams or customers.
- Training and Knowledge Sharing: Staying up-to-date with the latest technology trends, product releases, and troubleshooting techniques related to office automation equipment. Field service engineers may also provide training sessions or workshops to customers or colleagues, sharing their expertise and empowering others to effectively utilize the equipment.
Skills and Attributes
To be successful as a field service engineer for Office Automation, you should possess a combination of technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer-oriented attributes. Here are some essential skills and attributes for this role:
- Technical Knowledge: Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting office automation equipment such as printers, scanners, and multi-functional devices. You should have a solid understanding of hardware components, software configurations, networking protocols, and common issues that may arise.
- Diagnostic and Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyze and diagnose technical problems efficiently, employing systematic troubleshooting methodologies. You should be skilled in identifying the root causes of issues, both hardware and software-related, and implementing effective solutions.
- Multifaceted Expertise: A broad range of technical expertise in various aspects of office automation, including hardware, software, networking, and document management systems.
- Customer Service Orientation: Strong interpersonal and communication skills to provide excellent customer service. Being able to listen attentively, understand customer concerns, and communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner is crucial. Patience, empathy, and a customer-first mindset are important attributes.
- Time Management and Organizational Skills: Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, and meet service-level agreements (SLAs). Being organized, maintaining accurate documentation, and keeping track of multiple service requests simultaneously is essential.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Office automation technology is constantly evolving, so being adaptable to new equipment, software updates, and emerging trends is crucial. You should be open to learning and upgrading your skills to stay current with the latest advancements in the field.
- Mechanical and Electrical Knowledge: Familiarity with basic mechanical and electrical principles is beneficial for handling hardware repairs and maintenance. This includes skills such as replacing components, calibrating devices, and understanding electrical safety practices.
- Continuous Learning: A proactive approach to self-improvement and ongoing learning in the field of office automation. Keeping up with industry trends, attending training sessions, obtaining certifications, and staying informed about new technologies are valuable for professional growth.
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Be prepared to work after hours when required.
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to ([email protected]) by no later than (23 June 3023).
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful.