FIELD SERVICE ENGINEERSeptember 10, 2023
General WorkerSeptember 14, 2023
Main Purpose of Position:
The Financial Executive shall be responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The position will require the employee to report to the Managing Director of Nashua Gqeberha.
The work and responsibilities will cover a range of activities, including inter alia the following duties:
- Cash flow management.
- Accounts receivable Management.
- Contracts Management.
- Management of forecast and budget.
- Management of Audit requirements.
- Full Tax Management.
- Financial Reporting.
- Accounts Payable Management
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and support strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the entire Accounting department.
- Complete financials and forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Ensure costing and inventory values and provisions are accurate.
- Ensure that controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively to ensure accuracy in financial reporting.
- Lead and develop staff members and ensure the finance team performs optimally
Financial Information and Administration
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Personally compile, review and approve monthly Board packs, management accounts and reports to Nashua Pty Ltd and Nashua Holdings Pty Ltd, which include current month results and full year forward forecasts.
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee cash management.
- Data and profitability analysis.
- Review and approve all journal entries and ensure these are appropriate
Annual External Audit
- Ensure the audit is completed within the stipulated deadline.
- Complete and review the annual audit pack.
Annual Budget Preparation
- Plan the budget and 3-year forecast process.
- Collate the departmental budgets.
- Consolidate and review reasonableness of budgets and submit to Reunert within timelines.
- Submit the 3-year forecast as part of the strategic review
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, i.e. (Good Governance, IFRS).
- Ensure that record keeping meets the appropriate level of requirements.
- Report risk issues to the Managing Director and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, delegation of authorities.
- Ensure all financial controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively and perform quarterly self assessments to ensure compliance.
- Maintenance of payables and ensuring appropriate cash management and payments to vendors
- Ensure approval processes are followed in accordance with delegations of authority
- Maintenance of receivables and ensure that cash collections are within credit terms of customers
- Maintenance of additions and disposals.
- Maintain depreciation.
- Prepare monthly VAT returns.
- Complete and prepare tax calculations and submit to Reunert.
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the EE plan.
- Drive the B-BBEE strategy to ensure targets set out are achieved.
- A degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a business performing a senior financial position
- Must have knowledge and working experience of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sage X3
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Ability to work under pressure and plan /prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Proactive & innovative approach to problem solving
- Change management skills
- Persuasion & influencing skills
- Excellent team leader
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Email CVs to [email protected]
Closing date 15th September 2023