Skills and experience required : · Must have knowledge and working experience of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sage X3.
· Strong technical accounting knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Financial analysis and forecasting.
· Ability to work under pressure and plan /prioritise workload.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to use own initiative.
· Proactive & innovative approach to problem solving.
· Change management skills.
· Persuasion & influencing skills.
· Excellent team leader.
Minimum education requirements : CA (S.A.)
Duties and responsibilities :
The work and responsibilities will cover a range of activities, including inter alia the following duties:
· Cash flow management.
· Accounts Management.
· Management of budget.
· Management of Audit requirements.
· Full Tax Management.
· Financial Reporting.
· Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and support strategic initiatives.
· Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
· Develop financial and tax strategies.
· Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
· Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
· Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
· Manage the entire Accounting department
Financial Information and Administration
· Oversee the issuance of financial information.
· Personally compile, review and approve monthly Board packs, management accounts and reports to Nashua (Pty) Ltd, which include current month results and 5 month forward forecasts.
· Report financial results to the Board of Directors.
· Oversee cash management.
· Data and profitability analysis.
Annual External Audit
· Ensure the audit is completed within the stipulated deadline.
· Review the annual audit pack.
Annual Budget Preparation
· Plan the budget process.
· Collate the departmental budgets.
· Consolidate and review reasonableness of budgets.
· Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
· Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
· Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, i.e. (Good Governance, IFRS).
· Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors all relevant agencies.
· Report risk issues to the Managing Director and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, delegation of authorities.
· Ensure all financial controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively and perform quarterly self assessments to ensure compliance
· Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the EE plan.
· Drive the B-BBEE strategy to ensure targets set out are achieved.
Purpose (of the role): The Financial Executive shall be responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results
Find out more about Nashua’s
Free Workspace Assessment.