Skills and experience required : · Must have knowledge and working experience of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sage X3.
· Strong technical accounting knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Financial analysis and forecasting.
· Ability to work under pressure and plan /prioritise workload.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to use own initiative.
· Proactive & innovative approach to problem solving.
· Change management skills.
· Persuasion & influencing skills.
· Excellent team leader.
Minimum education requirements : CA (S.A.)
Duties and responsibilities :
The work and responsibilities will cover a range of activities, including inter alia the following duties:
· Cash flow management.
· Accounts Management.
· Management of budget.
· Management of Audit requirements.
· Full Tax Management.
· Financial Reporting.
· Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and support strategic initiatives.
· Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
· Develop financial and tax strategies.
· Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
· Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
· Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
· Manage the entire Accounting department
Financial Information and Administration
· Oversee the issuance of financial information.
· Personally compile, review and approve monthly Board packs, management accounts and reports to Nashua (Pty) Ltd, which include current month results and 5 month forward forecasts.
· Report financial results to the Board of Directors.
· Oversee cash management.
· Data and profitability analysis.
Annual External Audit
· Ensure the audit is completed within the stipulated deadline.
· Review the annual audit pack.
Annual Budget Preparation
· Plan the budget process.
· Collate the departmental budgets.
· Consolidate and review reasonableness of budgets.
· Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
· Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
· Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, i.e. (Good Governance, IFRS).
· Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors all relevant agencies.
· Report risk issues to the Managing Director and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, delegation of authorities.
· Ensure all financial controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively and perform quarterly self assessments to ensure compliance
· Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the EE plan.
· Drive the B-BBEE strategy to ensure targets set out are achieved.
Purpose (of the role): The Financial Executive shall be responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results