Skills and experience required : • Prepared to work overtime, attend training sessions over weekends from time to time as well as meetings as and when required.
• Must have a roadworthy/reliable vehicle as well as a valid drivers’ licence at all times to perform duties in the field.
• Accuracy, attention to detail, proactive, self-starter and neat.
• Ability to work in a team as well as on your own.
• Must be able to work within the framework of deadlines, and be able to complete task within these time constraints.
• Punctual, honest, hardworking, loyal and dedicated to client service.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• MS office.
• Experience on the Panasonic NS500, HTS32 and KX824 will be advantageous and must have a very good understanding of networking.
• At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in this field / experience for longer will be advantageous.
• ECN, VBX and ECN Patton completed training advantageous.
• Must know how to install and set up Standard analogue systems, digital and IP based systems and have a very good understanding of networking.
Minimum education requirements : • Grade 12/Matric.
• Must be GUW, A+, N+ and PDI+ certified.
Duties and responsibilities : • To service and repair all of Nashua’s equipment in the field.
• Keep service call-out records up to date by completing all service calls.
• Take responsibility for all stock allocated to the technician.
• Ensure that awaiting spares call-outs are done as soon as the part is available.
• To follow the correct procedure when receiving a call and when a call is completed within the Workwide system.
• The applicant will be required to fully install, program, lay cabling if required and supply training.
to the customer on new PABX systems VOIP systems ECN products as well as MAN3000 systems.
• To ensure that the service coordinator is given accurate information relating to service calls and installations.
• To complete all necessary paperwork relating to your job and to ensure that it is presented in a decent manner and on time.
• Must be open and willing to be cross-trained over all technical lines of business to promote better productivity and to provide assistance if needed.
• To keep the PABX Supervisor informed on problems relating to your job, either technical or customer, and to maintain an awareness of the customer’s needs.
Purpose (of the role): The purpose of the role is to establish, maintain and develop business relationships.
Nashua Kimberley invites all interested applicants to apply for the open position of Senior PABX Engineer for our Northern Cape Area.
Find out more about Nashua’s Free Workspace Assessment.