It is the objective of the PABX Engineer to effectively maintain all technical related functions, quality assurance functions, customer relations and key indicators related to his/her service area. Furthermore, the PABX Engineer should assist with Nashua’s growth by identifying and reporting potential business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
INSTALLING AND MAINTAINING OF EQUIPMENT
- Repair and maintain all types of TDM and IP telephony systems including peripherals.
- Install new and refurbished products.
- Assist other team members/areas/connectivity installations as and when necessary.
- Assist with Help Desk duties from time to time
ENSURE QUALITY LEVELS
- Ensure effective usage of productive time by maintaining high service levels thereby reducing additional repeat calls.
- Verify quality of work done by doing physical checks.
- Ensure that the work area is clean before leaving the customer’s premises.
- Liaise closely with area supervisor and service controllers on customers needing further assistance e.g.: sales/consumables/ escalations etc.
- Attend all Nashua related training courses as set from time to time and achieve required pass rate.
- Ensure that all information given to the Service Co-ordinators, for input into the Service Now application, is correct and accurate.
- Ensure that you are abreast of and knowledgeable on the latest product information and technical bulletins.
- Ensure that the latest firmware is loaded onto every system in your area.
MAINTAIN THE TOOLS FOR THE JOB
- Ensure that your tools required for the servicing of equipment are in a good working condition.
- Ensure that your notebook is updated with the latest service manuals and firmware.
ENSURE EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT COMMUNICATION
- Build a professional relationship with customers and all staff members.
- Identify customers training needs.
- Educate users to ensure optimum usage of the equipment.
- Log sales leads for additional equipment, subject to leads generated through your direct efforts
- Follow up with customers when requiring parts/peripherals and when there are any delays in completing a service call.
MAINTAINING A PROFITABLE SERVICE AREA
- Ensure maximum up time of the equipment i.e. PABX and Voice equipment.
- Adhere to chargeable call procedure and follow up in order to get approvals.
FOLLOWING NASHUA GUIDELINES
ADHERE TO POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND SYSTEMS
- Adhere to the stipulated dress code.
- Ensure that you are always presentable and professional in conduct when interacting with customers, potential customers, staff and all stakeholders.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Technical Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that you are working the required working hours, and that you are optimising work activity.
- Attend Nashua Cape Town’s after hour’s functions.
- Understand that awards evenings are an extension of your working hours and ensure attendance.
- Attend team meetings and any other form of company/product meetings as required from time to time.
AD HOC PROJECTS
- Attend to other duties as set by Service Manager from time to time.
If you are interested in this position please email HR@nashuacapetown.co.za