A vacancy exists at Nashua Bloemfontein for a Network Specialist, reporting to the Group Technical Manager.
- Plan and install large network solutions (LAN,WAN,WIFI)
- Lay cabling in ceilings, trunks, underground and working on heights
- Program firewall restrictions, setup port forwarding and monitor data usage and abuse
- Plan and implement Subnet management and address ranges
- Plan and implement large scale network segmentation (VLAN)
- Plan and manage bandwidth allocations
- Implement, Manage and plan Group policies to enforce network security policies
- Setup of Domain registrations and management
- Setup and programming of wireless links for broadband connectivity
- Providing 2nd or 3rd line technical data infrastructure support, to meet, and endeavour to exceed, SLA requirements
- Participate in project work, as required, to deploy, support and manage the predominantly MikroTik data environment
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
-Minimum 3 years’ experience in:
- Computer hardware maintenance
- Computer software installation
- Computer component and complete system retail
- Network maintenance and planning both Local Area Network and Wide area Network
- Programming of network routers and firewalls
- Network installations, planning cable routes and building network solutions.
-Proactive approach to problem solving.
-Ability to communicate with a wide audience, at all levels in the organization.
-Passion for technology and cutting edge solutions.
-A real desire to help people: Solution provider not a support provider.
-Someone who interacts with and understands business language/requirements, and able to translate into IT talk.
-Ability to adapt to changing environments.
-Good understanding of local country legislations.
-General understanding of business processes.
-Mature, positive and optimistic.
-Self-motivated, able to operate with minimal supervision.
-Time management and the ability to prioritize and manage tasks.
-Ability to work under pressure.
-Ability to work in a team and share solutions / information with colleagues.
-Remote interaction with teams across geographic borders.
-Have worked with Service desk tools and Incident / problem / request processes.
-Familiar across multiple Windows operating systems, Hardware (servers, routers, switches).
-Basic understanding of Networking and ability to liaise with remote support teams.
-Develop core IT skills.
-Own reliable vehicle and valid drivers’ license (no endorsements).
-Clear criminal record.
To start as soon as possible.
Closing date: Wednesday, 04.12.2018 – close of business
If you meet the above requirements and you are interested in the position, please forward your CV, motivational letter and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.