A vacancy exists at Quince Capital for a Business Development Officer, reporting to the Sales Director. This role will be based in Cape Town.
Purpose of Position:
To be responsible for all sales and business development functions, to a specific portfolio of Franchises, to ensure that discounting objectives are met.
- Advantage – degree (preferably marketing or financial degree).
- Basic knowledge of financial industry and products.
- Good business acumen.
- Computer literate (minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Valid code 08 driver’s license.
- Ability to sell and market to Franchises and clients.
- Advantage – proven track record in maintaining relationships with clients.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Presentable and well groomed.
- Good organizing, planning and time management skills.
- Decision making abilities.
- Results and deadline driven.
- Able to travel extensively on a national basis – staying away from home for up to 4 days at a time.
- Presentation skills.
- Social and out-going personality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Knowledge
- Promote existing financial products – gain a detailed understanding of every product offered by the Finance Company. Promote the products accordingly at the Franchises. Be able to explain the workings of each product to a third party. Understand the workings of the AS400 as regards the various product types.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to the existing product range.
- Maximize the product knowledge and understanding of the Finance Industry by the Franchise sales representatives with ongoing training and presentations e.g. training on rental agreements, settlements and the advantages of rentals vs. cash sales.
- Obtain a working understanding of opposition product knowledge e.g. their product offerings and factor sheets.
- Sales and Marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with Franchise Holders, Sales Managers, Sales staff, Sales admin staff and other key staff on a professional financial basis.
- Ensure that a professional and ethical code of conduct and dress code is maintained at all times.
- Visit all Franchises in portfolio on a regular basis as instructed by management, and as the need arises on an ad hoc basis.
- Entertainment of customers should be requested and motivated to management before the actual event.
- Assist with arrangements for special events for Franchises E.g. Franchise Golf Days.
- Sales and Franchise support
- Ensure monthly discounting (sales) targets and budgeted discounting for the year are achieved and surpassed.
- Identify new business opportunities and prospect for new business.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with the Sales Director and give appropriate feedback on area of responsibility (teleconference).
- Facilitate and assist Franchise sales representatives in concluding deals, especially tenders, by being involved with structured deals where applicable and by going out to customers when necessary.
- Set up and facilitate product presentations with Franchises as and when required.
- Assist with and negotiate changes of terms and conditions on rental agreements when requested by customers.
- Assist with the quotation of special rates for deals when requested within mandates as per policy.
- Discuss deals declined and pending with Sales Managers and motivate deals with additional information obtained that would change the result of the scoring.
- Perform financial reviews of franchise customers as and when necessary.
- Internal support
- Provide support to credit vetting through the gathering of information and collecting of documents that might be required to properly assess the deal.
- Daily follow up on deals status reports – liaise between credit vetting and Franchises on an ongoing basis regarding deals approved, declined and in process. Assist in obtaining the necessary information for declined deals (where appropriate) and deals in process.
- Ensure that deals declined due to system cleanup is kept within the agreed performance appraisal objectives.
- Assist in getting outstanding quality control documentation from Franchises and installation confirmations directly from customers.
- Develop ideas for incentives that would be appropriate for the specific portfolio of Franchises in conjunction with Events Coordinator.
- Support and drive incentive programmers and show total commitment to these incentives e.g. Loyalty and Franchise of the year.
- Develop ideas for incentives that would serve as recognition to admin staff within the franchise.
- Ensure timeous capture and verification of all sales and management reporting information.
- Compile weekly reports:
- Major Deal Report
- Sales Report
- Outstanding documentation reports
- Ensure that all expense claims are submitted within the same month the expense is accrued.
- Manage travel and entertainment expenses ensuring that agreed budget allocations are not exceeded.
- To perform any other assignment when required to do so by the Sales Director.
This description is a general statement of required Major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 7 September 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: –
As per Company policy, an employee may not transfer from one department to another until the employee has been in the primary department for at least a year.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.