A vacancy exists at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a Stock Planner, reporting to the Shipping and Procurement Manager.
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the forecasting, ordering and controlling of stock levels.
Responsible for the raising of International and Local purchase orders for the relevant segment portfolio as derived from authorized purchase requisitions, monthly E5 Meetings, product manager and Just Enough Order recommendations.
Generally responsible for ensuring that goods are procured at the specified quantity, on the required date and at the lowest cost to the organization.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Matric plus relevant Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Forecasting, Production or Inventory / Stock Planning.
- Results driven individual with excellent time and project management skills.
- Must be skilled in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Must possess well developed planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work ethic and character.
- Strong written and verbal communications and technical acumen.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stock segment responsibility and KPIs.
- Liaison with overseas suppliers, marketing department, Ongoing Revenue and warehouse.
- Control of E5 Monthly Spreadsheets & Distribution.
- Generating reports extracted from Just Enough.
- ISO Representative for Shipping Department.
- Update AS400 Dimensions monthly (Hardware products).
- Monthly Demonstration Report to Accounts Department.
Stock Segment Responsibility
- Responsible for forecasting, ordering and improving stock levels for the respective segments.
- Constant report back to Procurement and Shipping Manager with regards to these segments (stock out/recommended orders/forecasting/backorders/late shipments).
- Categorize stock on JE into Normal/Bin, Non stock and Redundant.
- Adhering to the specified KPIs
- Generate daily backorder reports from Just Enough to replenish stock and action immediately. Also in certain cases corresponding with the relevant parties thus determining the urgency of the backorder. Track status backorders and report discrepancies/amendments to key staff.
- Purchase requisitions must have the correct authorisation levels /signatures prior to placement.
Liaison with Overseas and Local Suppliers/Marketing Department/Annuity & Warehouse
- Ongoing communication with overseas order management regarding status of goods listed on the purchase order.
- Making inquiries to suppliers concerning the availability of additional stock and new products.
- Ongoing communication with relevant Product Managers in the event stock cannot be shipped for whatever reason and the phase in phase out of products
- Ongoing communication with the Procurement and Shipping Manager and Costing Controller with regards to the arrival of stock and any changes that may be required in the sequence of container deliveries based on urgent stock requirements.
Control of E5 Monthly Spreadsheets & Distribution
- Generating monthly E5 spreadsheets the 1st working day after month end by using stock movement reports and JE data to accurately record stock levels, movement, usage and arrivals at month end.
- Ensuring correct sales figures and order quantities are recorded.
- Compiling financial summaries for the board report.
- Emailing, saving and distribution of all completed purchase orders and E5 spreadsheets.
- Stock allocation sheets.
Generating Reports Extracted from Just Enough
- Daily running of both the PO exception report and the overdue supplier report. If there are any inconsistencies found, investigations must be made by either requiring the correct data from ESPARTO or other relevant suppliers and corrections made on the AS400 regarding correct arrival and shipment dates. If there are major delays all relevant parties must be notified.
ISO Representative for Logistics Department
- Completion of Quality System Improvement Requests on instruction from Procurement and Shipping Manager.
- Ensuring all procedures pertaining to all areas of the Shipping Department are made through us of the QSIR
- Save a copy under the Logistics Share Drive in the ISO Changes folder.
To perform any reasonable assignment if and when requested to do so by the Logistics Manager, Annuity & Logistics Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 8th February 2019.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.