The vacancy exists at Nashua Kopano for a Safety Officer reporting to the Service Manager.
Purpose of position:
To ensure health and safety requirements are implemented and applied, at customer sites, and in line with the legislative requirements.
- National Diploma in Safety Management
- 8 – 10 years’ Experience
- ISO 14001:2015
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- Knowledge of SHE legislation
- Knowledge of SHE principles
- HIRA, Incident and Accident investigation
- Strong people skills with an emphasis on persuading, influencing, relating and networking
- Ability to motivate people to work safely
- Action and goal oriented with ability to apply expertise and technology
- Strong values and principles orientation
- Strong planning, organising, administration and researching skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting and investigating Safety related incidents.
- Assisting with ICAM accident investigations.
- Providing Safety related training and induction as per operational requirements.
- Facilitating and conducting health and safety audits.
- Promoting Safety in the Organisation.
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of standards according to the requirements of the OSHAs 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2015 requirements
- Ensures the organisation is aware of and complies with legal and other requirements applicable to the workplace activities
- Ensures record systems are effectively maintained at site level in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Promotes occupational health and safety within the organisation and encourage safer and healthier working practices
- Determines training requirements and implements SHE procedures
- Responsible for co-ordinating and conducting training of employees in SHE processes and procedures
- Responsible for promoting SHE awareness within the organisation
- Ensure that all incidents at the Workplace are reported and Investigated
- Keep abreast of and ensure that all legal appointments required in terms of company policy and the OHS Act are in place and up to date
- Ensure that audit findings, recommendations, non-conformances / deviations are closed out promptly
- Ensure effective training and competence of appointees
- Ensure that training needs analysis and requirements are met
- Ensure completion of the Blue file responsibilities
- VFL ‘s (visible Field Leadership)
- PTO’s (Plan Task Observations)
- UPTO’s (Unplanned Task Observations)
- Conduct Risk assessments and oversee risk related work including the risk hours
- Conduct Inspections on the following:
- Responsible for PPE
- Ensure completion of HSEQ online
- Ensure that all staff are up to date with SOP’s; COP’s
- Attend Operations safety meetings
- Report defects, issues and unsafe conditions.
- On- boarding of all new personnel
- Make sure all appointments are up to date and correct.
- Identify hazards and ensure that all personnel are familiar with the Hazards on site.
- Facilitate Toolbox talks
If you are interested in this vacancy you can send your cv to Careers@nashua.co.za
Please note: –
As per company policy, an employee may not transfer from one department to another until the employee has been in the primary department for at least one year.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.