A vacancy exist at Nashua (Pty) Ltd for a WebSmart PHP Developer, reporting to the Systems Development Manager. This position is based in Johannesburg.
Responsible for the design, development, maintenance, testing and support all aspects of the Core Nashua applications on the AS400 platform using the WebSmart PHP application. Instrumental in translating business requirements and developing them into solutions enabling the business to operate effectively.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience in PHP
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and logical skills
- Be a self-starter with initiative and drive
- Ability to prioritize and implement plans to meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Functional understanding of a business i.e. ops, sales, finance, marketing, technology
- Good problem solving skills
- Display a level of assertiveness
Duties & Responsibilities:
Core Nashua System Application design, programming, testing, implementation and support:
- Program development and maintenance using PHP
- Program development and maintenance using RPG/ILE (Secondary)
- Perform adequate impact analysis prior to changes
- Appropriate documentation for database changes, program changes and testing
- Liaise with business users when required
- User Support
- Investigate and resolve application issues with limited supervision
- Adhere to SDLC, Development Standards and Procedures as defined and published by the IT Development Manager
- Communicate problems and solutions to users, trainers and support desk personnel
- To perform any assignments as and when requested to do so by the Chief Operations Officer and any C-level Executive.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your CV to Careers@nashua.co.za, by no later than 12 December 2018.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”